How do you prevent frozen pipes in your home and what should you do if your pipes do freeze?
Generally speaking, your home is only at rick of frozen pipes when the exterior temperatures reach below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are concerned about freezing pipes, then continue reading for some tips to prevent freezing pipes.
TO PREVENT YOUR PIPES FROM FREEZING:
– Keep one or two water faucets running at a slow drip
– Direct warm air toward cold areas of your home
– Leave your cabinet doors open below any sinks in your home
– ALWAYS disconnect your hose from outside faucets
– Install heat tape to warm your pipes as needed
– Seal leaks that could allow cold air into your home
– Check your home temperature. You never want your home below freezing!
– Contact an expert to help!
As the temperatures begin to drop, if you, or someone you know, has a concern with frozen pipes, reach out to a member of Furner Realty Group of Keller Williams Elite for help! We have the resources to connect you with trusted professionals all across Lancaster, PA who have the ability to address and assist you with your needs, whatever they might be.
Interested in more Homeowner Tips for Winter? Use our “Home Maintenance Tips: Winter” Pinterest Board for more unique insights and helpful to-dos!